Friday, June 15, 2012

As Fresh As It Gets

Got my first Alaskan Salmon! One of many more to come (hopefully). This is a Copper River Red (Sockeye) Salmon. They're known to be fighters and to have the best taste of any salmon. This big one left me with about 15 good-sized pieces. I ate two big ones as soon as I got home to celebrate. There's no use describing the taste..haha.

We fished the Klutina River for Reds this morning. The run was much slower than the previous week they had up there. Caught one nice one, and had about 4 halfway to the shore before they rolled off or broke free.

I really didn't take pictures while we were fishing, but here's a shot of us getting to our spot on the Klutina. It's a glacial river, and my waders were flooded a few times. And here I was thinking that Barton Springs was cold...



No comments:

Post a Comment