Sunday, July 15, 2012

Iceberg Island

Epic 28 mile sea kayaking trip!

Me and four others left Whittier, Alaska on a water taxi out to Blackstone Bay this past Friday. We kayaked a very large amount over two days, and saw some truly incredible stuff.

"Longhorn Falls" (my own name)

Camping out on an island- we had it all to ourselves!

Right next to my camp site. The tide receded and left a bunch of ice.

One of the glacial caves we found!

Some deep blues

This guy knows how to relax.

Water was seriously like glass. Dodging the small ice chunks was a ton of fun.

This is what I woke up to! It was incredible.



He thinks I didn't see him...hah

These little ice chunks were heavy. Hexagonal patterns covered them, I don't know why!

Just awesome.


Second glacial cave.


My first sea kayaking trip turned out to be pretty good. 


1 comment: